Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment
Hanes Australasia is committed to attaining the highest standards in ethical, responsible and sustainable business practices. The company believes this is the most appropriate way of doing business and its consumers will have a stronger connection with its brands as a result.
Corporate social responsibility at Hanes Australasia touches every part of the business and encourages all stakeholders to contribute to the vision of significantly reducing the impact on the environment and supporting the communities in which Hanes Australasia operates.
The program focuses on four key areas where the company is seeking to make a difference:
- Our People
- Our Environment
- Our Community
- Our Marketplace
Hanes Australasia has an ongoing commitment to providing a responsible working environment for all its employees. Hanes Australasia recognises that it is important to ensure all employees have the best opportunities available to prepare them for the future.
Health and safety
The health and safety of employees is a top priority for Hanes Australasia. Key initiatives include:
The workplace integrated management system which encompasses safety, health, environment and quality and covers areas such as leadership, process approach and continuous improvement
- Hanes Australasia is externally accredited to AS/NZS 4801 and ISO 14001
- Open and consultative safety, health and environment programs
- Annual influenza vaccination programs
- Discounted private hospital insurance
- On-site health and well-being assessments
- Anti-bullying, discrimination and harassment training modules released via the Company’s eLearning portal
- Mental health first aid training program rolled out to Human Resources and the National Safety Team
- Retail safety project, involving the release of retail specific eLearning modules and standard operating procedures
- Implementation of a streamlined reporting database to capture all hazards, incidents, injury management, quality and asset protection reports
- Dedicated injury management and return to work resources
- Access to International SOS support for all employees to ensure they are able to obtain appropriate medical assistance when travelling
In addition to programs for employees, the company’s supplier evaluation processes require its suppliers to demonstrate they have formal management systems in place to identify and manage safety, environment and quality.
- View our Quality Policy
- View our Safe Products Policy
- View our Injury Management Policy
- View our Safety, Health & Wellbeing Policy
Hanes Australasia is committed to reducing its environmental footprint and strives for continuous environmental improvement by the application of our guiding principles: reduce, reuse, recycle and replace.
Hanes Australasia has a number of environmental initiatives in place, including:
- Working closely with environmental partners to reduce waste to landfill during the year. This includes ongoing monitoring of our environmental performance
- Working with strategic supply chain partners to reduce energy consumption and water use
- Our on-going commitment to the Australian Packaging Covenant (APC) to reduce the environmental effects of packaging in Australia
Looking after the communities in which the Company’s employees and consumers live is the right thing to do and Hanes Australasia values the deeper connections it is endeavouring to build with them.
The company’s community investment program aims to enhance the social and economic wellbeing of the communities where its employees live and work.
Consideration of the impact a business makes on the environment and the communities in which it operates is becoming more important every day. More and more, people are beginning to think about how a product is made rather than focussing solely on the product itself. This concern also extends to the environmental and social conduct of suppliers.
Hanes Australasia is committed to ensuring it meets its social compliance responsibilities and has an ongoing program of auditing its supply chain for adherence to ethical practices spanning labour rights, safety, quality and the environment.
The Company recognises the difficulties in dealing with a large and complex supply chain and therefore is dedicated to integrating ethics into its core business practices and improving its audit program. Further information on the company’s social compliance framework is available on our Ethical Sourcing page.