Following the acquisition of Hanes Australasia by Hanes Brands Inc, we have supplemented the ETI Base Code for Hanes' Global Standards for Suppliers, Global Code of Conduct and Fair Labour Association Code of Conduct.
Our Standards have a strong commitment to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, including the following:
- Employment is freely chosen the use of forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour is strictly prohibited
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Minimum wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
The Company has also been a member of Sedex since 2009, which is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains. Being the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data, we actively encourage suppliers to provide their compliance reports on Sedex as this provides greater transparency and more efficient sharing of information between Brands.
For more information on Hanes Brands ethical sourcing programs, please visit www.hanesforgood.com